I have been absolutely SLAMMED busy the last month. I am very grateful for that, because most of it has been extra work which is a huge blessing right now. We are so grateful for my business because we just don't know where we'd be if I didn't have it. Yes, we are at just over 9 months since Steve lost his job. He's working hard at getting his company (audioShare) going stronger and we're biding our time until he finds something new or audioShare is running well enough to pay all the partners. Anyway, I haven't had much free time and I haven't been in the mood to blog when I have had free time. Blogging is my time to think and contemplate and I haven't exactly wanted to think lately.
SOOOOO ... this post is a review of our May! Its long, but hey, it covers the whole month. A review of the 1st half of June will come soon.
Jessica's field trip to Thanksgiving Point Farm with her preschool. I'm so glad I get to go on fieldtrips with my kids, help with class parties and be at all their school programs during the day. And having Steve home so he can go has been fun too.


Our trip to Florida - I posted about the space shuttle launch - a dream come true - but also wanted to share this picture of the front of the rental car ... yes, it is COVERED with bugs. It had not rained and those spots all over the window are BUGS! And don't miss the BLACK front bumper - covered with them! They are called Love Bugs and it was absolutely DISGUSTING how many of them we hit in the 2 days. They even have a setting on their car wash machines called Love Bug Scrub.

Steve's bday party - thanks to all our friends who came. It was fun to see so many friends. I can't find the pics from his party, but here is one of his cake - made by our good friend JennyLynn. See more pics on her blog (link at the side).

Alyssa's dance recitals - she has really grown a lot this year in her abilities. So proud of her!

Jessica's gymanstics performance - our girls LOVE Heather's gymnastics class and have learned so much over the years. Jessica gets to do one more year before she ages out of Heather's.


Taylor's 1st grade class did a CUTE year end program. We LOVE her teacher, Miss Crowton.


Jessica's preschool had a fun little field day and we happened to be at the school, so we took a few pics.

Snow - yes, snow on May 24th and enough of it that Jess put on her snow suit (the other two were at school) and played with her friend Paige for quite awhile. The built a snowman using most of the snow and then made snow angels in another area of the lawn.


School dance festival - its always fun to see the creative dances each grade does.



Jessica graduated from preschool ... my baby will be in kindergarten next year!

Taylor's class had 4th grade reading buddies ... and it happened to be Alyssa's class. Taylor and Alyssa got to be buddies which Alyssa loved. They did an end of the year party and we were again at the school for something else, so we got to take pics of that too. They were playing a version of freeze tag. It was cute to watch all the 4th graders with the 1st graders.

Last day of School! Wahoo! So excited! Alyssa took her own camera to school this year, but broke it so she didn't get pics. So, I just have some of Taylor. This is one with Taylor and one of her best friends from school, Ally. Yes, these two are both standing up and the same age. Tay is just that small and Ally is just that tall.

Memorial Day - we opted to go siteseeing at ghosttowns and Geocaching. Way cool day! So cool we did it again in some different towns in June! Didn't take a picture of the rattle snake that was quietly sleeping on the rock next to me though ... scared me half to death when the girls screamed snake and I realized it was about 18 inches from where I was going to put my hand to steady myself in order to help the girls down a rocky ledge.


And that is our May ...
1 comment:
looks like a crazy but great month!
Post a Comment