Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What is in Cortez, Colorado?

When my brother suggested Cortez, Colorado for part of our trip, I really saw no reason to justify going there.  But I am glad he insisted on seeing Mesa Verde - a place I had never heard of.

When we woke up that morning in Page, before we left, Taylor discovered the room decorated with banners wishing her a happy birthday and a ribbon proclaiming her as a birthday girl.  When we arrived in Cortez that afternoon, the kids wanted to spend some time swimming and then we went to dinner for Taylor's birthday.  She wanted spaghetti noodles so we chose a pasta place and everyone really enjoyed it - although I'm not sure the table next to us really enjoyed us.  :)  The waitress brought Taylor vanilla ice cream with a candle so we could all sing happy birthday.  Taylor was completely happy.  Happy birthday to my sweet little 10 year old. 



 
The next morning, we loaded up again and headed to Mesa Verde.  Again, I had no idea it even existed but it was one of our favorite places on the entire trip - even the kids thought it was neat.  Unfortunately, I'm so tired tonight ... that you will have to wait until the next time I find time to blog to see our pictures and learn about Mesa Verde.  :)

No comments: