Monday, May 12, 2008

The BIG update on our lives!

Update on our lives!! In February, Steve and I took an amazing trip to Washington DC. He had to go for a meeting for work, so I tagged along and we made it a long weekend. We left on Thursday and came home on Tuesday night. We took a tour of the White House and the Washington Monument, went to some museums, took a tour of the Bureau of Engraving (where money is printed), and overall really had a great time! One of our favorite places was the International Spy Museum where we did the interactive "spy game" and became spies on a team trying to catch the bad guys! It was an amazing trip!

In April, the girls and I took a fun trip with my friend Pattie and her daughter (plus my babysitter went too)! We spent 4 days in St George, relaxing in the sun. Pattie and I took an evening off to get massages and go out to dinner plus did a little shopping. Our girls all loved the trip, the hot tub and the pool and Maggie Moos IceCream!

Its May now, and school is wrapping up. Alyssa is finishing 2nd grade! Taylor is finishing preschool and getting ready for kindergarten in the fall. Jessica will be starting her first year of preschool. I think she's going to LOVE IT! As the school year ends, so do all the classes and lessons. Alyssa had her piano recital and did GREAT! She played Puff the Magic Dragon as one of her songs. She does well, but is going to stop for awhile. She'd rather be creative! Taylor and Jessica went to their last day of Kindermusik and are sad to see it end. We'll do a summer class and then we're done (the drive is killing mom!). They really love music and dancing though. Taylor and Alyssa have their dance recital this coming weekend - where they both will be doing two dances. I am very excited. I've opted to put both of them in a beginning dance company. They both really enjoy dance. Next week is Taylor and Jessica's gymnastics performance! They call it their "shnastics". They will continue gymnastics during hte summer and in the fall. Alyssa is hoping to be on swim team this summer, but we're still debating because of the early morning practices.

Steve's biz is going well. We had some big setbacks in April, but are getting back on track as the 3rd of the 5 partners begins actually working for the company next week!! I'm really excited for this change and think it will be great!

My biz is continuing to fluctuate, growing a little at a time. I lose some clients and add some others. Right now I've got about 63 clients and have 6 people working for me in one capacity or another. I'd love to grow to about 90 clients! I'm even considering going to a conference and having a booth in the expo. Just not sure yet. Its not until January so I've got some time. I really enjoy my business, but it does keep me busy!

I've just been called to be the advisor for the 14-15 year old young women at church. I'm excited about the new opportunity and looking forward to it!


Steve and I have been really enjoying the Jazz this season. We've been to 5 or 6 games now, including 3 of the post-season games. They are lots of fun and we're pulling for a win in LA this week and at home this weekend! We'd love to see them move to the next series! (Not a great, picture, but it works - this was the end of the 1st series when the Jazz beat the Houston Rockets!)

Around the house, the basement has been done awhile and we LOVE it. I use my craft room a lot, we both use the music room and the theater is fabulous! Outside has been our biggest change this year. Now that the snow is finally gone (knock on wood - we hope its gone for good!), we added a waterfall to our backyard. It is beautiful and I love the sound of the water. I spent the afternoon Saturday adding over 100 little plants around it - can't wait until they spread out and grow together more. Steve also planted a weeping cherry. We've got to get 3 more bushes this weekend. I'll try to add pictures later this week - I haven't taken any since I planted the flowers.

Biggest news for us! We're going to Italy in July! Can't wait. We are both learning Italian to help us enjoy it a bit more! Rome, just outside Pisa and Venice! Two whole weeks. Steve is spoiling me ... thanks Steve! I love you!

So, as you can see, lots of posts to come - hopefully, if I can figure it all out! Hope all is well for all of you! I hope to hear from lots of you. Feel free to share the link with other friends or family that I may not email ! Best Wishes to all!

5 comments:

Ciria said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It is so fun to catch up with your family. It sounds as if you all are doing well and that you are being spoiled very well! What a good husband.- Ciria

lvs2dance said...

Hey great job on your first blog! It is good to catch up with what is going on with you guys! Can we PLEASE get together soon, we miss hangin with you guys! Wow, Italy...that sounds like so much fun, I keep telling Chris that he needs to take me on a trip. That is about as far as the planning gets though. LOL

Anonymous said...

Donna, Donna. Welcome to the world of the blog. You will love it. I love that I can be a fly on your wall and read all about what is happening in the Lindsey home....

More soon I hope.
Dani

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna
Thanks for letting me know about your blog, I have really enjoyed Ana's blog and keeping up with their family so I look forward to seeing your little girls grow up, isnt technology fun... So did you know the NKOTB performed on TV this morning? Who would have ever imagined that happening.
-Amy

heather said...

wow! can't wait to hear about your trip to italy! take lots of pics :) i'm jealous :)