Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I can See!! LASIK ROCKS!
Ok, so this is me writing, without glasses or contacts for the first time in 15 years! If I had tried to write 2 weeks ago without them, it would have looked something like this. "ogr od hppf/" Translation - life is good. I wouldn't have even known if I had missed every single letter! NOW! I've got 20/20 vision, no headaches from glasses, no dry eyes from contacts! It was a happy day when I got to throw away all the old contacts and give my old glasses to the dr's office (they use them for a 3rd world service project). In case you didn't know, I had lasik done as a mother's day gift from Steve - what a sweetheart! How is he going to ever top that one? : ) I had it done on the 19th and within 24 hours I had 20/20 vision. I LOVE IT! I can see again. Every now and then I go to take out my contacts and remember I don't have them! Yesterday, I was watching Steve fly his remote control plane. Tappin and Jared (some neighbors) commented that they kept losing his plane in the clouds. Out of the blue, I started jumping up and down chanting "I can see it, I can see it!" They were quite surprised by my little outburst until I explained that I had lasik done and that prior to my lasik, even with my glasses or contacts I wouldn't have been able to see his plane as high as he was. I LOVE SEEING AGAIN!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man!!! You don't know how jealous I am of you! I want lasik so bad! I am like you were...blind as a bat! I keep telling myself that somday I will see again. Well congrats on your new vision! I agree that we need to get together, we miss you guys! To answer your question from my blog, it was the 'new arrival' cricut cartridge that I used to make that card.
Telling you ... just suck it up and do it! Lasik! We did 18 mo same as cash financing - much easier to swallow that way and I don't mind sacrificing one bit for it knowing how much fun it is to see! Hoopes Vision in Sandy - they guarantee it will never get bad again!
I am so very happy that you can see now. I've never had sight problems, but glasses and contacts must surely be one of the biggest pains!
Oh man.. I want this so bad! My contacts are about $300/every 6 months.. so I keep telling myself that it would be worth it. I don't know if I'm a candidate or not. Congrats!
Post a Comment