Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alyssa's Baptism

Ok, so this post is much delayed ... I wanted to do it before I left, but just ran out of time. It was a special day. Thanks to everyone who came and shared this day with her. I wanted to share some pictures.

Isn't she beautiful? We had these taken a few days before her baptism. The first one is my favorite. I want you to know that it took us like 55 shots to get these 6! She just didn't want to smile and even told us we had to tickle her to get her to smile. The photographer would say, I'm going to tickle you and Alyssa would say good. It wasn't working well. But I like what we got in the end. I love the dimple that just barely shows in this one!






Alyssa shared her baptism day with 2 other girls who turned 8 in May, June and July. Ragen, Kayla and Alyssa are here in their dresses - Alyssa was having issues with the sun ... thus the squint and grumpy face.
Again, seems Alyssa didn't like the sun. But here's a family picture in our backyard by our new waterfall.
Here is Steve and Alyssa in the foyer at the church before the service started.
After the baptism, we gathered at our house with friends and family for a little reception. This is Alyssa with Ronnie and Glen, my oldest sister's sons.
Neighbors, Brittney and Caitlyn (they are sister) stopped by too - Alyssa and Caitlyn have become very close this summer because they are on the swim team together. We carpool plus they spend a lot of time together after they get home.



Both sets of Grandparents, Aunt Susan and Aung LaNae - forced to be in a group shot or suffer the fate of an individual one later!! :)



Uncle Ron chilling in the living room.
Some of the younger cousins playing with Taylor and Jess upstairs.
My neice, Meghan, with my gem of an office assistant & babysitter, Karianna. Steve and Uncle Adam enjoying something funny on the couch.
Thanks again to all the family and friend who came and made the day special. Family from both sides, plus lots of neighbors!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She looks so grown-up! I'm glad we were able to be there. Thanks for sharing the day with us!

lvs2dance said...

Once again, sorry we are such jerky friends and totally spaced such a special event! Alyssa looks so beautiful!