Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!! - with a new picture

I was a little nervous and I think she was too! But we made it and all went well. She is upstairs now playing school so she must have enjoyed it. She made a bathroom sign - evidently her teacher has a one-at-a-time rule for the bathroom. So, when you leave to hte bathroom you flip a sign over to red and when you come back you turn it back to green again. She made a sign for us!! : ) Too cute!

Since I left my camera at my parents' house last night, I planned to take pictures with my digital video camera that takes still shots. But, guess what, the battery died in that! Fortunately, I have great friends who have kindergarten kids this year and are as camera happy as I am!! I'll add more when I get the rest from another friend and when I get the few off the video camera - haven't learned how to do that one yet!

This morning, we went to the school and parked so I could walk her in to her class. After our pictures outside, we went in the classroom, hung up her backpack and handed off some supplies and things to the teacher. Then we got a nametag for her, found her cubby and started to read stories on the rug. Taylor chose a book about SHARKS. Yes, there were lots of cute little kid books and Taylor chose a book of facts about sharks with all their big teeth and eating animals. Go figure! When it was time for parents to leave, she sat on the rug with her friend Makenna. She's growing up so fast!

After school, she was calm and happy and content with her day. The teacher gave her a bag of M&Ms and a list of questions for mom to ask depending on what color M&M she ate (teacher's name, favorite thing, new friend, rule she learned, story she heard etc). It was fun to spend some time talking with her and getting HER to talk!


This is Tay holding her "getting to know me" page. It was her very first assignment. It has all of her personal info (name, bday, likes, favorites, friends etc) plus a picture of her and one of her family. I wrote in all the info in her favorite color marker (purple) and helped her add the pictures and then she colored all the clipart that was printed on the page. She really had fun doing it and was quite proud of it.

This is Tay and her best friend Makenna. Aren't they so cute together? They are in the same class - by coincidence - and I am very grateful.

This is one of my favorites ... you have to notice the little upturned nose like she is turning her nose up at the idea of taking a picture. Tay is GREAT at making this face and does it ALL the time! : ) This truly captures one of her common expressions that I want to save to show her what a stinker she was at this age.

Even though she is getting so grown up she is definitely still my little Tay! I sure love her to pieces. She's always my one to cuddle and give me hugs and kisses and want to sit on my lap. Jess and Alyssa do it some, but Tay is definitely a mommy's girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw we both have kindergartner's! It is crazy! Cute blog as well! Next time you guys come up here maybe we can meet you at one of the games! I can give you all the great tips for vegas! KIT!! :) Glad we have these to do that!

Pattie said...

I love the pictures - she looks so cute....and she looks so much like you!

Tauna Isenhour said...

Ok now you'll have to go see I just put up JR's 1st day of school picture. Except they have Pre- K in school here all day Yeah for me. my son is a handful and listens better to others then mom. my daughter didn't want to leave though JR was like whatever see ya. I love seeing all you blogs your girls are so cute. i'm glad we can keep in touch this way.