Thursday, September 30, 2010
To Run or not to Run
That has been the question for me for a long time. But I've finally taken the plunge and started running. I LOVED to run back in 6th and 7th grade and even hoped to run track when I got to high school ... but I trashed my ankle at one point I've never really run since ... even in high school, I usually managed to get out of running due to my weak ankle. But, I needed to do SOMETHING. Our friends convinced Steve to do a 5K and he convinced me. So, I've been running. Do I love it - NO! But, am I committed to it, yes. I've run 3 weeks now at least 3 times a week. Its a big step for me. Today I did my first practice 5K ... finished about 1 minute slower than I had hoped and had to walk some on that 3rd mile, but I at least finished the entire distance. I am actually looking forward to running a 5K next weekend at BYU and then a 2nd one the following week to support one of my clients and her little boy who lost his leg in a lawn mower accident last year at this time. www.karsenmery.blogspot.com I think I might learn to love running again at some point. I love being outside but I'm still trying to get a good pace so its not fun yet. So for now ... I look forward "to someday" .... being more in shape, being thinner and to loving running. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment