I'm back into blogging again, so hopefully you'll see consistent posts for awhile. :)
Update on life in general? ...
My business is going really well. I've added quite a few new clients recently which is really nice. Steve is working hard on his own business, AudioShare which is starting to take off. We're hoping for consistent paychecks soon as it has been over a year since the other company he worked for went under. Not sure how we've survived this long, but we've made it and we'll just keep on going. We are very grateful for my business and I'm really grateful Steve has encouraged me and supported it so much in the previous years. It has caused a lot of growth that I couldn't have done without his encouragement.
Alyssa started 5th grade ... wow, she's growing up. She is enjoying it so far. They are doing a lot of US History stuff this year and she is determined to earn an award - they have to memorize all kinds of things (anthem, pledge - with correct spellings, presidents, states, capitals and I think parts of the Declaration of Independence or maybe its the preamble to the Constitution etc). She's still dancing but her studio got bought out. The new studio owner is much stricter so we'll see how it goes. Alyssa isn't loving it right now. She has 2 hours of ballet instead of just 1, and that is the dance she hates the most. Give her tap, jazz and hip hop, but not ballet! But it will really improve her skills, so we're trying to stick it out.
Taylor is in 2nd grade. She LOVES it. I am so grateful for great teachers. This class is a bit chatty according to the teacher, which doesn't surprise me. The kids really seem to know each other well in this grade. She is working hard on her homework and really starting to increase her reading skills. Reading has never been her strength so I'm excited to see her finally getting into chapter books. She is returning to gymnastics. She didn't love dance and has been asking for since about October of last year to switch to gym. We had pulled her and Jess both out of dance last January. In May, I had them tryout just in case they were dancing this year. Taylor went to the tryouts. Afterward, I asked her if she had fun. She said yes. I said do you want to dance. Her reply was "Nope. I want to do gymnastics." She knows what she wants ... so we've given it to her.
Jessica, my baby is now in Kindergarten. We have half day kindergarten here, so I'm home with no kids for about 3 hours of every day! Its kind of crazy. She LOVES everything in life. She's so energetic about everything she does but she is picking up on some of the drama she sees from her oldest sister. She loves to go to school and be with her friends. She loves to come home and tell us all about it. She loves to do her homework (flash cards and reading) and then begs to head off to play with a friend. She just bubbles with enthusiasm and its fun.
Besides our businesses, Steve and I are trying to balance all the stress of our situation and trying to keep our attitudes up. Its been a long year, but, we've made it this far and we'll keep going. With a schedule back in our lives, I'm excited to be blogging and scrapbooking again. Of course, I am further behind now than I was 4 months ago, but hey, I do it because I enjoy it and want to do it, not because I'm supposed to so its ok. I have my whole life to scrapbook, right?
Steve is still in his band and has 4 gigs come up in the next 6 weeks or so. He hasn't flown his plane much this year ... probably becuase we can't afford to fix it if it breaks. :) But its been a good summer.
Well, that's the update on us. :) Hope all of you are doing well! And remember to say hello in the comments and check back often now that I'm blogging again.
No comments:
Post a Comment