Thursday, December 17, 2009

What-Shall-We-Give?

Most of you know I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (a Mormon). Many of you that read my blog are too. But regardless of your religious beliefs, I hope you'll keep this message in mind this Christmas season. This is a video from our church reminding us of the true meaning of the Sprit of Christmas.

Click on this link to view the video. What-Shall-We-Give?

I am struggling with Christmas this year. Its so hard to tell a 4 year old there really won't be presents from Santa other than the tickets he gave us for our Disney Trip. Its so hard to tell our 6 year old that even though the Santa at the church party asked her what she wants, she probably won't get it ... that was one of his helpers and he just didn't know that Santa had already given us our Disney Trip for Christmas. But I am also struggling because I can't give to so many others. I can't help with the clothing and food drives or the Toys for Tots at the store. I can't help with the giving tree at my kids' school. I can't help family and friends that are in need. This Christmas more than ever, I am grateful for the times when I have been able to give, for the true Spirit of Christmas that it has brought for me. And this Christmas I have been searching for ways to give because I can't give store-bought gifts, gift cards, money or even food because those are so limited for us this year. I want my family to feel that Spirit of Christmas. Two friends that visited me this morning gave me some great ideas. Thanks! I hope I can find ways to give this season and always ... not for Christmas, but for Christ.

Merry Christmas!

PS If you are looking for ways to keep Christ more at the front of your Christmas, this website from our church has some little things for kids ... even as little as coloring pages and games.

No comments: