Our personal d-day, you could say. ... Steve and I found out that we would no longer be getting a paycheck from his full-time job... And exactly a year before that, he had also been told he wasn't getting a paycheck. The first time around was a disaster for me emotionally, but fortunately, in 2008, the paychecks resumed a short 2 months later. But in 2009, they didn't ... ever ... resume. But I haven't shared much about the last little bit of our experience, so I thought I'd take today and share that.
Steve battled hard to find another investor for the company he worked for, working many unpaid hours with HOPES it would work out. But it didn't, due to unfortunate turns in the economy but mostly to a very selfish ex-co-worker. So, he then turned his hard work and focus to his own company with hopes of getting it really going. He worked hard to produce an amazing product, to offer customer support and met with many different investors with hopes of having the money to really market the product and mass produce audioshare. Again, unfortunately, that didn't pan out either. It has been a HARD, LONG two years.
But in addition to his own company, Steve supported my business and helped me automate some critical processes, saving me a lot of time as well as helpled me find the right printers and technology to allow me to continue to grow my business. My business more than doubled in the past 2 years, but that would never have been possible without his help. We wouldn't have been able to get all the new clients setup or print everything in a timely matter if it weren't for him. I am so appreciative of his time and efforts.
During the past two years I have been a roller-coaster of emotions. FEAR at how we would survive and FEAR that we would lose our home. ANGER at the people he used to work wtith, ANGER at people who didn't believe in Steve and his company. FRUSTRATION at people who didn't follow through on what they said they'd do, FRUSTRATION at people who didn't understand. OVERWHELMED by the struggle we were facing and OVERWHELMED at the blessings we constantly received that allowed us to survive. I can't begin to tell you how many times I cried and how alone I felt at times. But I also need to tell you how grateful I am for the many blessings we received, how grateful I am for Steve and all we went through.
Where are we now ... finally starting to feel ok again. At the end of May, Steve started working for a small company as a part-time employee with hopes for growth as the company grows. It has been a long, hard couple of years, and we aren't back to where we were 3 or 4 years ago, but we can survive again on our own and we can smile a little more often and feel a little more carefree as long as we are still cautious and smart. I am very grateful for my best friend ... he is strong, he is smart, he is talented, he is funny, he has vision and passion, he has faith, he is patient and forgiving and he believes in me. Thanks Steve for being who you are and for always loving me. And thanks to all the people who helped in little ways along the way - either emotionally or financially. We appreciate the little things more than you realize. THANKS! And here's hoping that the future looks brighter for all of us.
1 comment:
I am so happy there is a bright light at the end of this long tunnel:) You have both been great examples of faith, strength and dignity. Job well done sista:)
Post a Comment