First day of school ... I posted about the day before school started- back to school night and meeting the teachers, but this is the first day of class.
This is the only "first day" with all of them at school together - all day, same schedule, same school. Can't get over how big they are all getting!
Alyssa is entering 6th grade. I won't lie ... it SCARES me and EXCITES me! When I think back to my 5th and 6th grade years, I can't believe she's old enough to do and know and think the things I did back then. But I also am excited for the friends she'll make, the experiences she'll have ... memories she'll take with her the rest of her life. I LOVED those years and who I became and I'm excited for the opportunities she will have. She is growing up so much and I am so proud of her. She's no longer a little girl. She's old enough to do so many things, to be home alone, to go places with her friends (without parents), to have crushes on boys ... Wow. Its going to be a fun year for mom and daughter! I hope she will have a year like I had ... and with friends like the ones I made during that time.
I was really grateful that Alyssa still WANTED mom to take a picture of her by her class. My little girl hasn't grown up too much, yet.
Taylor is also going through this funny smile phase ... she wrinkles her nose up and makes such a big smile that is looks silly. It makes me smile
Jessica is so excited to be in first grade. She scares me though ... she is so smart both academically and sometimes in her personality as well. She has always been my sunshine and this past little while she has gotten a little more kick to her especially when she gets bored ... and I'm worried that will be often this year. She is SMART. She reads chapter books and does adding and subtraction without much effort and writes stories pretty well too - definitely learned a lot from her big sisters. I hope that she can have a great time in 1st grade, feel challenged, make good friends, and LOVE learning new things. I want her to crave learning. She started out the year so excited about her homework ... I hope that continues!
All day on the first day of school, Steve would come into my office and say "Listen!" My asisstant (Melissa) and I would stop working for a minute and listen. Then Steve would grin and say "ahhhhh... quiet!" Having the girls back in school is a real plus for mom and dad when they both work from home! I love having the girls around, but sometimes, we just need some peace and quiet and uninterrupted time to get work done so that we aren't so stressed. Its been nice to get work done without constant interruptions, although, I have to admit that when I said goodbye to my baby, I cried a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment