One of those people in my life is someone I first met at church years ago, but as our area built and more people moved in, I don't get to see her at church as often anymore (she goes at a different time/ward). But I've continued to see this person at school activities (Alyssa and her daughter are the same age and at times have been in the same class) and ocassional neighborhood or church activities. And everytime I see her, she's just one of those people who makes me smile. Kalai, you just make me happy!
Well, today, I was sitting in my office (my desk faces out into my front yard) when this car pulled into my driveway. I wasn't expecting anyone so I was curious who it was. My assistant peeked out and said she didn't recognize her but that she was carrying a brown bag to my porch. I peeked out the window just in time to see Kalai walking back toward her car. I dashed to the door and caught her before she got to her car. And there on my porch was a bag of nectarines. She said she was just sharing some fruit from her tree with people and I came to mind. Things like this ... that's why she makes me smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment