This reunion was a little smaller than many of them have been. My dad is one of 10 children, 7 of which are still living. I've got close to 40 cousins all of which are adults with lots of kids and even grandkids between us. This year only 4 of my aunts/uncles were there. The last time I was there, 7 of them were there. Age and health is taking them from us. Of my cousins, some don't come because of distance, some because of schedule conflicts (including a wedding this year), and some because of strained relationships which makes me the saddest of all. But I'm grateful to get to spend time with any of them that I can. They are always welcome here as well.
We ate, we visited, enjoyed the campfire and solved a mystery at our mystery night. We made fire pies ... or as Aly called them "fire flies". The kids went for walks, caught tiny frogs and crawdads, and just had fun together.
The older girls got to go on a boat ride as well including a jetski tube and knee boarding. Aly did a 360 on the knee board which is her favorite thing to do. The water was really low and the boat had some problems so the boat didn't go back out with the other kids.
I love that my kids know my cousins' kids - probably even better than I knew my cousins at that age. I love my family and the time I get to spend with them. So grateful they welcome me with welcome arms when I do get a chance to go up to visit. Until the next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment