I LOVE SPRING. I REALLY DO! Its probably my favorite time of year outside. After a long winter, the flowers start blooming, the grass turns green again, you hear the birds chirping, its warm enough to be outside all afternoon and evening and yet cool at night so we don't have to use AC. Its just beautiful! But this year, I'm bugged! I've always had a little bit of spring allergies, some years its worse than others but NEVER has it been this bad. We're at 10 days and it has been getting WORSE AND WORSE. The coughing started about 5 days ago and the tightness in my chest had gotten almost unbearable today. I haven't slept well in a week. I had finally decided I was in denial and that my "allergies" were actually a cold. Today, Steve convinced me I should go to the dr because it wasn't any better. So I went ... 2 hours and 45 min later I left with the diagnosis that it is just allergies. He said that sometimes your airways will swell just like your nasal passages which makes it hard to breathe. He said he can't hear anything in my lungs when I breathe, my blood oxygen levels are GREAT, and I'm not running a fever. He said my ears, nose and throat look like allergies - they are clear not yucky like with a cold or other gunk. The only thing that concerned him was I weeze when I cough. He gave me a breathing treatment which didn't help much and several medicines to help with all the different symptoms (coughing, tightness and source of the problems - allergies) so I'm headed to bed now and hoping I can sleep. I don't usually sleep well when Steve is gone, so here's hoping the medicines help! :)
Oh, and if anyone reads this tonight or Thurs morning, please keep us in your prayers. Steve has some big meetings tomorrow that we are hoping go well. Bless him to feel calm, confident and to have a clear mind so he can present well and then that he will be able to travel safely home (he's in Wisconsin).
No comments:
Post a Comment