Monday, April 26, 2010

Easter Treats

I decided to make some Easter treats this year ... Here's what we made:

Resurection rolls ... they got a little overdone, but it was fun to try. Definitely something I'll do again next year. We used a can of crescent rolls, wrapped them around a marshmallow, sealed all the edges and sprinkled the top with cinnamon and sugar. Then baked them. Super simple and super cute. The girls thought it was neat that they were hollow and it gave us a chance to talk more about Christ, His sacrifice, His resurrection and what that means in our lives. It helped us focus on our Savior who died on the cross, but is alive again and what a blessing that is to us.

We also made chocolate birds nests. Found the recipe online somewhere. But basically its just chocolate chips melted with a little shortening, then you mix in Chinese noodles (chow mein). You shape them into little nests and then add peanut M&Ms or jelly beans or whatever egg-shaped candy you want for eggs. We used Peanut M&Ms because Taylor likes them and I was hoping she'd try the noodles too (no luck, but they turned out cute and Steve and I REALLY liked them - sorry girls, guess we ate them all... oops!).

And I dipped strawberries too. Nothing fancy, but YUMMY!! I love this time of year when Costco has their strawberries! They are THE BEST!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Yummy treats! You are making me want chocolate at 10:00 at night! NOT GOOD:)