I love that our school is around the corner from a firestation. My kids have the opportunity to go there for field trips - usually in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. Jessica got to go this past week. Its a very short walk for them, which also means FREE for the scohol.
Going to the fire station helps them learn about fire safety. My favorite part though is that the firemen dress in their full-gear and even turn on their masks so the kids see and hear what a fireman would be like if they were in trying to rescue them. It looks a little scary but the kids are at least famliar with them.
Jessica's class
The entire first grade.
I have to say that I really appreciate our fire department. The guys are really personable and friendly and willing to be involved in the community. They told the kids that if they stop by on a Saturday morning they might even get a ride up in the bucket ladder. They also came to our block party, sprayed the street down to cool it off and the kids for fun and then came back to let the kids climb on the truck and paramadic truck. During the fieldtrip, Jessica even recognized several of them from the block party. It makes her feel safe, and I love that. I am grateful for the men and women who work to keep us safe each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment