However, you have to know that before the show started, Taylor threw up. She had been sick the night before too and thrown up in bed (thanks Karianna for cleaning that one up!). As Taylor and I are leaving the theater to clean her up (she only got a little on her shirt and the floor - the rest was in a big pile of napkins I gave her), she looked up at me with this sad little look and told me she didn't want to go. "I don't want to miss the funny guy show" (referring to some of the pre-show she had seen). I told her that if she felt ok, we could just wash her face and hands and then come back in. She nodded and that's what we did. I managed to get an empty popcorn bucket that we kept handy, but she was fine. Alyssa however, threw up that night in bed (thanks Richard for cleaning that one up! - Steve and I were out both nights the girls got sick - one night getting dessert and the other was a date night!) I'd add pictures of us at the show, but you can't take them in the theater, so I don't have any. I did find these on their website to share of acts we saw!
This act involves this guy being suspended in the air with this giant cube. He hangs from it and spins and flips from it and then even lands and flips it around. The lights reflect off the cube and its really cool to watch. The entire show is filled with some of the most muscular people I have ever seen! At one point, there are 4 guys who come out in these polynesian looking skirts and dance - its kind of a filler between acts and they help change some sets. I told Steve that if all guys looked that good in a skirt I could get used to guys in skirts! The muscle definition is amazing. You can see it from the audience. We did have great seats this time - front center, lower section. Our best seats for this show (we've seen it 3 or 4 other times - and still keep coming back).
This is the funny guy that Taylor referred to. He is part of the pre-show and also adds comic relief throughout the movie.
This is my favorite act ... these two guys are ridiculously strong and well-built!! Karianna says the one is really good-looking ... I agree!
This group climbs the poles, flips and does all kinds of stuff on the poles.
This picture is hard to see but they are doing jumps and flips off of a teeter-totter contraption including landing on the shoulders of someone standing on someone else's shoulders - thus the 3 high tower.
There are also some good drumming moments, great music, some high flying trapeze artists and some impressive dancing. If you have never seen a Cirque show and you are ever in Vegas, this is a good one to see! Its less expensive than most of the others and its got the best music and overall show. Ka has more of a story and an AMAZING set. "O" has some really impressive special effects, but Mystere is our favorite. I haven't seen Zumanity or the new Criss Angel Believe so I can't say much about those.
No comments:
Post a Comment