This year, rather than give gifts to our neighborhood friends, we agreed to be Santa's helpers. We adopted a family and split it out for each of us to shop for different people. Then we all met at one house for a waffle dinner (thanks Lisa!) and then at another house to decorate cookies for ourselves and wrap the presents for the family. It was really fun to see everything this family is getting and a nice reminder of how blessed my family is. Thanks Michelle for coordinating it! After all the wrapping was done, we sang a Christmas song or two and Alyssa and Kayla sang a song from choir. It was a fun evening!
Jess with Steve and Alyssa.
Kayla and Alyssa after they sang "Chocolate in my stocking." 
So, the picture above reminds me of something. Alyssa LOVES this sundress. I bought it for her to wear over her swimsuit this summer, but when she lost 2 dresses - 2 days in a row at swim team, I refused to let her wear this one to practice. But she LOVES it and wants to wear it all the time. Imagine, 25-30 degree weather and my childi wants to go OUTSIDE in nothing but this sundress and some slip on shoes (no tights, no sweater, no t-shirt under the dress, no socks) ... it makes me cold just to think about it. I can honestly say, we have argued about clothes (this dress, a couple pairs of short shorts and some skirts) at least 1 day out of 3 for the last 2-3 weeks. I'm about to go nuts! Anyway, she wore this dress on Sunday afternoon (after church) with this sweater. I argued with her about the sweater - a size 6 and she wears an 8 - but gave in when I decided it wasn't worth the stress ... so yes, its a sundress on a cold snowy day in December and yes, the sweater is too small. What can I say? I just have to pick my battles!
1 comment:
That is SUCH A GREAT IDEA! Our ward gathers the money that they would spend on neighbor gifts and takes it to a womens shelter, which is nice, but how fun would it be to do it for a specific family. I love this idea!
Post a Comment