Steve picked up a new hobby this year, one he's wanted to do for a long time - remote control airplanes (he doesn't do the model airplanes though - these are sold ready to fly). We gave him his plane and controller for Christmas. He has really taken to it so I thought I'd add a picture of him. This was taken out front of our house a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening. Notice the plane is just off the ground - it was coming in for a landing so I was proud of catching this picture even if the plane is a little fuzzy. (the girl on her bike is a friend in the neighborhood - Bailey, not one of mine.)
Its a great outlet for Steve so I'm glad he's gotten into it. There are now at least 9 in our neighborhood who fly planes - big boys and their toys! They often go flying at a junior high school about 10 minutes from us but once they get comfortable enough with them, they sometimes just fly from the streets in front of the house. Steve has gotten really great with his. He spent a lot of time practicing nothing but landing and taking off and it has paid off well for him. He's trashed one plane but some of our neighbors have gone through 3 or 4 in the same amount of time! He can do crazy stunts and stuff with it. The current motor he has in it can go about 90-100 miles an hour if it is full throttle, although most of the neighbors only go about 60-70 (a police officer actually clocked it for them). Its really fun to watch. The girls love to go to the school with him and watch him fly. I usually take advantage of some quiet time! But we all enjoy relaxing out front when he is flying. The girls play with their friends and I just relax or visit with other wives that are watching their husbands fly. It makes Steve happy so its fun for me!
2 comments:
Flying plane's huh? That sounds like fun! So when can we get together? Are you busy this weekend? Let us know! We just got a fun new game that you guys might enjoy.
What a fun hobby!
Post a Comment