Saturday, June 7, 2008

Today was Alyssa's first meet. It was actually a practice meet for all the swimmers that are new this year. She is LOVING swim and I am so proud of her. This is her and Caitlyn (a neighbor who is also on the team) waiting in the bullpen to swim their first stroke (freestyle). They got to swim next to each other on every stroke.

Alyssa swam freestyle and placed 6th out of 7 in her heat of 7 and 8 year old girls (she started off the wall very slow so I think if we can get her working on that she will do much better). She swam backstroke (which is her favorite) and tied for 3rd with Caitlyn (also 7 in her heat). The one I was happiest about was her breaststroke. She actually didn't make the team on her first tryout because she was doing the feet wrong on this stroke. After about 20 min in the pool with a friend of ours, she remembered the correct way and was doing much better and made the team without a problem. Today, she did them GREAT . She didn't get disqualified for flipper feet or for doing her arms too big. She finished 5 out of 7 but touched the wall with onehand instead of two - getting disqualified. Overall, we are very excited for her and pleased!

On a side note, Alyssa LOVE Webkinz! She has been saving for quite awhile and then she got her cookie money! She's also been doing a lot of work for me (she puts stamps on my postcards for my biz) and actually earned enough to buy two more small ones (a hippo and a white cat). She's so excited about them! She really wants a real pet for her birthday, but not sure that is going to happen.

4 comments:

lvs2dance said...

Wow! Great job Alyssa! I am so impressed that she can swim like that. I wish that my kids had more interest in learning to swim. They love swimming, they just don't enjoy lessons.

Ciria said...

Swimming fun! I will be so excited when my girls are old enough for that!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa looks so dang cute in her swim cap. Looks like a lot of fun! She is an amazing kid, Donna. Can't doubt she is yours.

Later! Dani

Donna said...

Thanks Dani! She's definitely mine ... just as independent and determined as I was/am! : )