Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a great place to live!

Ok, so I just have to brag about this absolutely majestic, beautiful place we live. We are so blessed by the amazing scenery. When I stop and really look around, I am just in awe. From just a block or so away, I have a great view of mountains on the east, some smaller mountains and hills on the north and west two other sides and a big lake on the south side. I don't appreciate it as much as I should, but Steve has really been pointing it out lately - the great views. Its made me realize how lucky we are.
Then, this past weekend, I went on a camping overnighter with some of the girls in our church youth group. We went on a hike that was almost 5 miles long. Typically, this time of year, things aren't so green here as the summer heat dries us out. We are usually pretty brown. But this year we had an unusually wet, cold spring so the creeks are still running strong with the run-off from the snow and thus everything is still pretty green. The hike was perfect, amazing wild flowers and views that just made me want to stop and enjoy the scenery! The weather was warm but we were in and out of the trees in the shade so it was just perfect. I wanted to share with you some of the pictures I took. I'm no expert behind the lens, but I try. Hope you can imagine how great it actually was. Truly postcard perfect!



2 comments:

lvs2dance said...

I am TOTALLY envious of your calling! I would love to be in YW's and go to camp!!!!

Michelle said...

Those are beautiful pictures!