Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little Sunshine ...

A sweet lady in my neighborhood was at Costco today. She said she was thinking of me. She told me that what she was bringing me wasn't very original, but she hoped they shed a little sunshine on my week. She brought me these.


A little sunshine for my counter!!
And a little "paradise" too because I have so many great friends around me.

How blessed I am! This lady isn't a really close friend, she's not someone I've done much with outside of church activities. But she is someone who listens to her heart and reaches out to others. She is an example and someone I look up to so much!! Thank you!

Another friend called this morning to just check up on me ... nothing really important to say, just wanted to see how I was doing. Thank you! It really is the little things!

I've had so many emails, facebook comments and notes, I just can't say thanks enough. When life is tough, friends who care have really come out in droves to be there to support me. Even with no job at the moment, I know my family is so blessed! Blessed with friends, great neighbors, a great family, many tangible things, our educations and experiences and so much more!! Thank you to my friends and family who keep reminding me of what life is all about and who keep helping me smile. And I want you all to know that right now, Steve and I are both being blessed with a lot of faith and peace that this will all work out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry I haven't commented yet. I have been thinking about you all week, and praying that everything will work out for your family. You seem to be keeping a good attitude, which is important... It's crazy to think that we are now living in the time that the prophets have warned us about for years, and I have a feeling that things are only going to get worse. We have been somewhat sheltered here in the Triangle, and things aren't "as bad" as other parts of the country, but it's scary nonetheless. Thank goodness for family and good friends! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!

And I am so glad that after all these yrs I have found people like you again! :) You are ALWAYS a happy fun loving person! I just LOVE that!

So hang in there!!!! It will all be ok and in the end you will learn why and I am sure it may turn out to be a blessing and maybe something else will turn up better than he had before!
Enjoy weekend!!!!!