My dad is very patriotic. He's great at putting out his small flagpole for every American ocassion. I have always known my dad to be a very proud American and grateful for our freedoms. I'm grateful for that example!
For Father's Day, my mom gave my dad a flagpole. He finally got it all ordered and at his house a few weeks ago. He poured the cement 2 weeks ago so last week, we put it up. Its a 20 or 25 foot pole so he needed some help. I LOVE doing projects so I went over to help him. It took us about an hour to put the pole together and get it standing up. They live right on a corner, so the flagpole will be very visible for everyone who drives by. My girls love it too!
Jessica kept coming outside (she was inside helping my mom bottle tomato juice) to see if the flag was up yet. : ) And to drink my protein shake!

I think for my mom's birthday we are going to give her a BYU flag to put under the US flag ... for those of you who know her, you might know she is a Ohio State Buckeye fan ... but Steve can't resist the temptation of flying a BYU flag on their flagpole! : )
I also helped my dad the week before with cutting some wood. He's quite handy with building things and is working on building cabinets and a work bench for his garage. I really enjoy doing projects, working on something and see it be completed. Guess that's why I've always loved doing crafts ... but big projects like his garage cabinets are even more fun to me. I'll probably go help again in a week or two and when I do, I'll take pictures of our progress.





1 comment:
How fun! I like building projects too. That's so great that you live close enough to do that together.
Post a Comment