Friday, September 26, 2008

Quirky

I wasn't actually tagged for this one, but like learning about my friend so I thought I'd share and maybe some of you will too. If you do this on your blog, make sure to comment so I can check out how quirky we all are!

Rules: Link the person who tagged you. (She didn't tag me, but I found it on Jennifer and Duane's blog - link at the side) Mention the rules on your blog. Tell 6 unspectacular quirky things about you or your family.

1. I can't stand to have email without reading it ... I check my email at least 20 times a day. I just leave it on all the time and as I switch between projects or tasks (computer related or not), I check my email. I especially hate to have junk mail in my junk box...

2. The night before a trip, I start packing late in the evening. I plan it all in my head and on paper for days but the packing actually starts late. I used to stay up all night that night and pack. Now, I try to be fair to Steve and at least go to bed for a couple of hours so I don't keep him awake. : ) I think it started when I was little. I remember packing to move to NC (after I had stayed the summer with a friend's family) and we packed the very last day. I had lived with them for 6 weeks so my stuff was EVERYWHERE in her room and some around the house. She and I worked most of the night trying to find it all and get it all packed. The night before I came to college wasn't much different. Two of my friends came over and I threw things on my bed and they helped me box it (although that time I had an excuse, my mom was in the hospital so I'd been kind of distracted).

3. I like to pile things ... I always have piles of papers and things on my desk and counter and even beside my bed. It drives Steve (who is almost OCD about the house) NUTS!

4. This one should come as no surprise ... I'm a talker and even bigger writer! Anyone who knows me, knows I can carry on a conversation forever and I can write the longest letters, emails and blogs of anyone on the planet! I remember writing MANY letters when I moved to NC and then when I came to college that required multiple stamps to mail them!

5. I hate breakfast. I almost NEVER eat it. I like the foods, just not at breakfast time. I almost never eat before 10am.

6. I'm a huge sentimentalist! I thrive on memories from the past and daydream all the time!

Bonus one ... I'm a planner. I HATE to not have plans for things set in stone way in advance. That's probably why the current no job situation is so hard for me! I can't PLAN things. I can't plan when or if we'll have money, what we can or can't do ... I just can't plan!

I hope you enjoyed this brief look into my quirky life! Now it is your turn!!! Go do it!! :) I hope you all are well and up to the challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I didn't actually tag you? Weird! I am glad you did this! Thanks!

I am a huge planner to! But there is times that I luv spur of the moment things! :)

And I pile papers to which I need to go buy little bins for like my computer area is mess!!!!! And by my kitchen phone I hide junk behind it ! LOL