Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Steve!

I think of all the gifts I've ever bought for Steve, his plane and controller are among my favorites and his too. He gets A LOT of use out of it. It is so fun to sit and watch him fly. He is just in another world, content, calm, relaxed ... like there isn't a care or stress in his life. He so needs and deserves that. I'm sitting in my office right now, with my window open, listening to some birds chirping and about every 30-40 seconds a BUZZZZZ as the plane flies close enough to the house or street for me to hear it. He's out by himself, but content as could be.

This isn't a new picture but I wanted one that shows him with his plane and I don't get to take those very often. Usually the plane is high in the sky doing rolls or flips or inversions or some other variety of tricks or just speeding by at 50+ mph and hard to catch!
I love him so much. I fell in love with him because he could always make me feel happy, make me smile and laugh something I didn't do a lot of as a teenager and early college years. He also always made me feel beautiful, confident and secure. He's just that cool! A friend invited me to go out to dinner last night. Earlier in the week, when I talked to Steve he wasn't really thrilled about the idea - I don't know if it was because he didn't want to put the kids to bed on his own, if he wanted me to hang out with him or what - so I didn't schedule it. Yesterday morning, he was out mowing the lawn. I went out to talk to him and he asked what time I wanted to go to dinner with my friend. I told him I wasn't going and he told me he thought I should. What a sweetheart. He's always telling me how proud of me he is - about my business, about being a mom, about working out. And he encourages me to excel and work hard and do better while reminding me that I'm already doing great. What a great guy to have as my best friend and forever as my husband! I love you Steve!

3 comments:

Pattie said...

I couldn't agree more!

lvs2dance said...

Ahhhh...I agree steve is a great guy! Hey you forgot to put in your post how Steve likes to attach fireworks to the plane and fly it while the fireworks are going off, pretty cool to watch! LOL

Donna said...

Dani ... Steve loves you too! You're just jealous! Although, you've got a good one too! : )