Thursday, July 30, 2009
Climbing Up!
This year Alyssa chose a rock climbing party at the Legacy Center. She had several other choices first, but they didn't fit in the budget that I gave her. So, she chose this instead and in the end, I think she couldn't have been happier! First we had an hour in the conference room for pizza, presents and cupcakes and ice cream! She had 7 friends who came, so there was 10 plus Karianna, my mom and I. This post is also really late, but hey, at least I'm getting it done! Her party was the day after Taylor's (yes, its also the week we went to the zoo - BUSY week), June 25th.
Alyssa's favorite present was something she has wanted for quite some time. In fact, when she didn't get it from us for her birthday, she wanted to take the money her Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey gave her and go buy it. I wouldn't let her ... and at her party she realized why. Her friend Mady gave her a snow cone machine. She LOVES it!! All of her presents were great, but this one was definitely worth climbing on her chair and screaming over! She has used it MANY times since her birthday!
The day before Alyssa's party, I mentioned to a sweet friend, Lisa B, that I needed to go order Alyssa's cake. She offered to make cupcakes, especially when she found out Alyssa had chosen a sunny, smiley face theme. These are the cupcakes that she made (after a disastrous fall on her carpet just minutes before the party started - her daughter tripped and dropped them ... thanks Lisa! Sorry it caused a spot on your carpet and a lot more stress than it should have been! But THANKS SO MUCH for making them! She loved them!!) And isn't the tower the cutest?
We kind of forgot matches ... so this is Alyssa laughing as Caitlyn pretends to blow out the un-lit candle. :) Fortunately, Alyssa had already blown out candles at my mom's house and at Chuck E Cheese's with our family, so she was really ok with it!
Everyone! Back row - Jada, Alyssa, Caitlyn, a friend whose name I can't remember, Kayla, Mady, then in front is Taylor, Jessica, Emily and another friend I can't remember! I'll have to ask Alyssa tomorrow. I'm just drawing a blank tonight.
Alyssa climbing!! UP!!
Mady - long-time friend ... sometimes more like a sister than a friend!
Caitlyn - a neighborhood friend and Alyssa's swimming buddy!
Taylor - check out the glasses (a present she got for her birthday) and the tongue being stuck out!! Oh, and don't mind the dress hiked up so you can see her shorts! At least I thought to make her wear shorts under her dress! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment