Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alyssa's Sculpting Class

Alyssa LOVES to do all kinds of arts and crafts, so when I heard about a sculpting class through our city arts center, I thought it was perfect for her. And I was definitely right!! Alyssa LOVED it! She would love to have continued all summer - much to her dismay the class ended the first week of July. I think its definitely something we will do again though! Here are her finished products ... not the greatest pictures, but at least you get the idea!

Her frog

This is an unfinished one ... it is a big mouth with eyes or antenna or something sticking out of the top - I think she told me she was creating her own gargoyle!
This is a flat piece that she did.
And her pooki pot ... (spelling??)
The little girls took an arts and crafts class during the same time. It was a lot of fun for all of them although Taylor often didn't want to go unless I stayed. I hope a day comes when she doesn't always ask if I will stay and watch at everythign she does. I love that she likes me being around, but I wish she was more confident and would be more comfortable staying places without me. I'm sure the day will come! And I'm sure a day will come when she doesn't want me around too! :) I was really proud of all the crafts they created, especially Alyssa and her sculptures. That kid has a serious artistic love and talent!

No comments: