Saturday, July 25, 2009

What would I do ...

... without these two awesome friends? Michelle and Lisa, I love you ladies! You ROCK my world. I am so grateful in so many ways for our friendship! I can turn to you ladies when I need ANYTHING!! This picture was taken when Michelle and I took Lisa out to lunch for her birthday (this post is past due ... her bday was June 26th). Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Michelle has been a part of my life for about 10 years now. I've seen her grow in so many ways and I am inspired by her strength and kindness. Her friendship means so much to me! She has been there for me in some of my darkest moments and some of my biggest joys. She was there going for walks with me when I was 10 days PAST DUE with my first. She was there for me when we were building our house and moving in (she and her husband, Jason, even moved in with us!) She was there for me when my induction for my 2nd child failed. She has been there for baby blessings, and birthdays and stresses with Steve's old job and so much more!! We've had a lot of fun times together too! She inspires me with her talents and how much she focuses her energies on her kids. She is and always has been an amazing mom! She and Jason are definitely the type of friends that are a part of me for a lifetime! They are part of a group of friends in our neighborhood that we call "framily" - friends that are more like family than anything else! I am so grateful Michelle is a part of my life!!

Lisa has been a part of my life for just over 6 years now. When we first became friends, I was expecting Taylor and trying to figure out my work situation after she was born. She suggested we swap kids - she'd take my 2 kids (including a newborn) 2 or 3 days a week and I'd take her one child 2 days a week. It didn't seem very balanced to me, but she wanted to do it and she did that for me and my family until I was expecting Jessica and finally able to quit work (about 14 months!). There is little about Lisa that doesn't inspire me!! She is strong, she is smart, she is spiritually in-tune, she is balanced, she loves and serves other with her whole heart and most of all she is a true and loyal friend no matter what! She has inspired me so many times but especially with the strength, faith and peace she had as she spoke at her younger sister's funeral who recently fought a long painful battle with cancer. She has seen me deal with post-partum depression, she knows the mistakes I have made and supported me through some major personal struggles. She has listened to me talk and loved me despite all my shortcomings. I feel no judgement from Lisa and she knows me for who I am. I love you Lisa!

No comments: