Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm still alive...

Other than my "drama" post, I know its been awhile since I've blogged. Just had a lot going on. But this morning, I'm in the mood - despite the fact that I don't have time! So, I thought I'd make a list for myself of all the things I need to blog!! Here's what we've been up to:

  • Our block party went GREAT! Lots of pics to come! About 300-350 people here is our guess! No injuries in the races, which was great (usually at least some skinned knees)! Great food! Lots of friends! Great band! Amazing fireworks! The weather was tentative all day, thought it was going to rain on us, but the wind stopped and the rain went around us so it was cool and perfect all night!! What more could we ask for!
  • July 3rd we went boating all day with some friends! TONS of fun! My girls can't wait to go again! It was our first time as a family. I'd been once back in college, but it was pretty chilly so it wasn't the same at all!
  • July 4th we saw the hotair balloon races, HS bands (drums) warming up and the Parade all before noon, then after a nap, we BBQd and swam with friends in the afternoon and evening with another round of fireworks!
  • The girls started swim lessons - Tay and Jess are loving their semi-private lesson, and Alyssa is learning a ton in her private lesson. Alyssa is working on techniques to get legal times (not get disqualified for improper technique) and improve her times on backstroke and freestyle.
  • Alyssa got legal times in breaststroke, butterfly and IM medley this weekend at her swim meet! SO PROUD OF HER! This means she gets a trophy at the end of the year - a HUGE deal to her! One more swim meet and then the county meet!
  • and there is still all those old posts I need to do!! Been making some cards at night instead of blogging. Sorry! Some are for a client some are for me! Almost done with them though so I'll get back to blogging soon! And then beware! There will be posts out of control for a few days! I still have stuff from early June to blog!!

No comments: