Ok, I meant
AT the zoo - a day
IN the zoo would just be a normal day in the life of me (and probably most of us)! : )
We went to Hogle Zoo on June 23rd (one day before Taylor's party and 2 days before Alyssa's party - yes, it was a busy week!). We went with my parents, my sister and her 3 kids and my sister's neice, Shelby who just graduated from high school and was up visiting for a week.
Taylor and Meghan were buddies during our day!

My nephew, Glen

Jessica LOVED Shelby. Even today when I was working on this blog and Jess saw Shelby she just started giggling and was all excited.

Alyssa and Ronnie

Jessica was FASCINATED by the map of the zoo. She loved looking at it, finding where we were and then figuring out where we were going next and what animals we would see. She looked at it A LOT!
The best story of Jess with the map though is when she was on Shelby's shoulders. She was checking out the map while Shelby was walking. Then, she got all excited when she found where we were and she dropped the map...

... down in front of Shelby's face so Shelby could see where we were too! Of course, that meant Shelby couldn't see where we were going or her immediate surroundings, but Jess needed her to see where we were on the map!! It was really too cute!

Taylor and Jess liked riding in the wagon. (Notice the map in Jessica's hand again).

Ice Cream time! Jess LOVED her ice cream! Taylor did not like the root beer flavoring on the outside. Alyssa liked hers too but she was off with Ronnie so I didn't get pics. Jess had hers all over her face and napkin/bib!

Jessica insisted that my mom where this vest!! This is in the Asian Highlands Big Cat area.

Jessica's turn!

Alyssa's too!

Gotta have the traditional lion drinking fountain picture!

All the kids by the elephants! Every time I tried to take a picture a different kid scratched their head - like a monkey. I was about to go nuts, so I gave up. I got one of Taylor, Jessica, Ronnie and Glen all scratching their heads!

A trip to the zoo, just isn't complete without a train ride!

And of course, we need a big group shot out front by the fountain! LaNae isn't in this pic ... she took it.
No comments:
Post a Comment