Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Big hearts!

I have some amazing friends with big hearts and who are true friends.  They are there for you when you need them most.  I saw this last fall when we lost a neighbor and friend to cancer.  Since then, we have been fortunate to be able to rally around his wife and spend lots of time with her.  She has shown us amazing strength and faith and my favorite thing about her is how much fun she always has!  She just keeps life simple, notices the little moments and being with her reminds me to smile, laugh and love more. 

At Christmas time a group of us gave her a tree to plant in honor of her husband (but we had to wait until late spring to plant it).  So, the time has come ... and this week we all gathered in her yard.  While the kids played (and a few helped), we planted the tree and helped get her yard back in shape for summer.  I'm lucky to get to serve a friend and to serve with my friends.   They teach me so much and make me a better person.


No comments: