As mom, you have little moments with your little kids when you just want to freeze time and remember that moment forever. I was with some friends last night and they were talking about some. One mom said she hoped she always remembered them. I thought, I definitely don't remember as many as I wish I did. And now I don't always take time to notice those moments as often as I should, especially now that my kids aren't really little anymore. But I had one with each of my kids this week, and I thought I'd take a minute to not freeze time but at least preserve those memories.
Taylor: I have had a very busy week and worked more than I've been mom. One evening, I was on a call for work. It was much later in the evening than I normally work but it was a call I really needed to handle. My girls hadn't eaten and wanted my attention. Taylor quietly came and climbed on my lap. She laid her head on my shoulder. I quietly asked her what she needed. Her answer, "Just wanted to give you loves." She sat and snuggled with me as I wrapped up my call. So grateful for Tay's gentleness, her love and genuine sweet nature.
Jessica: Jessica had two cute moments this week. She has had a broken arm and yesterday was her checkup with her doctor. No cast or anything, because it was high up on her humerus bone, just below her shoulder. She got to take the sling off last week. And ever since has been asking when she can do this or when she can do that again. In a moment of "I DON'T KNOW" I told her to write them down and ask her doctor. I figured she'd write them down and forget about it. But she didn't. She wrote it in a little notebook with "my doctor journal" written on the outside. She asked every question she had. It was cute. Then as I took her back to school, I showed her the picture of our friend Karianna's newborn baby. Jessica (with as much drama and enthusiasm as can be imagined) said "Ho-ly Cute! What a be-u-ti-ful baby. Just too precious." It was so heartfelt and sincere but so grown up for a little 8 year old. It was really sweet.
Alyssa: Her moments seem to come a lot less frequently now that she is just a month away from "TEENAGER"! She and I tend to "butt heads" quite often, probably because we are both so stinkin' stubborn and want things our own way. But her moment is probably why I decided to blog this. It wasn't huge or anything, but it made me really smile. She had a rough morning today, argued with Tay about what Tay was choosing to wear, argued with Jess about what food there was to eat for breakfast. Just grumpy. And as a result, she left out the front door without her flute. She realized when she got to school and called me but I was putting the trash out and had left my phone in the van (after carpool) so I did not answer her repeated calls. When I got my phone out, I noticed the missed calls from her school and instantly knew what she needed. I (grumpily - I admit it) took her flute to her school knowing I'd have to even walk it to her classroom (and possibly see people with my just got out of bed hair and no makeup look). When I got to her school, I stopped at the front desk and then headed to her bandroom. But I saw her band director in the front hall with some students from her class moving equipment back to the bandroom. Saved me from having to go clear to the bandroom so I asked him to give it to her. As he headed down the hall and I headed back to the door to face my busy day, I heard her yell "mom" from around the corner. I stopped and she came running toward me and almost knocked me over as she gave me a huge hug and said thanks mom. Just little things ... but it was one of those moments I wanted to preserve.
I am grateful to be a mom to 3 such unique, independent, strong, beautiful girls. They each have so much potential and strength, its fun to see them grow up.
2 comments:
So sweet! You will be so glad you wrote them down - you don't want to forget them!
Great moments Donna!
Post a Comment