Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Little Getaway!

Steve and I have been under a lot of pressure lately so we decided a little getaway was needed. It was the perfect weekend. We decided on Thursday to leave on Saturday morning. We went to St George. While we were there, we mostly talked - talked about our pasts, our present and our future. We used some old journal questions I had and asked each other random questions. That led to talking about other things too. But here are a few other things we did...
  • ate - WAY too much
  • read most of a book
  • hung out in our hot tub on the patio of our condo
  • played games
  • watched a movie
  • played 9 holes (actually only 8) of golf
  • lots of window shopping but did buy a new outfit for Steve for family pictures and some jeans for the girls

This is us at our condo.

A lot of relaxing and sleeping were in order. I crashed one evening while we were watching tv on the couch. Gotta love when Steve takes the camera! :) I love you Steve!
I had a good game of golf. It was only about my 4th or 5th time playing, but I felt a big improvement and really enjoyed it.
The hot tub was on our patio so we spent a lot of time in it. Our condo sat on the edge of the complex and looked away from the city - toward a mountain and endless stars and the moon. It was so relaxing!We saw two shooting stars that were just amazing. The first one was long enough and bright enough that Steve had a chance to say "did you see that?" for me to nod and still see a few more seconds of it. It was beautiful.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like "just what the Dr ordered." We were down there the same weekend and had a similar expirence. I love St George!

Pattie said...

I'm so happy that you guys got to have this little get-a-way...and even happier that you had such a great time!

lvs2dance said...

how fun! I am glad that you guys got to have a get-away! We have tried to get ahold of you this weekend to see if you wanted to hang...call us when you have some free time.