This is very late, but I still wanted to post it because this is my record of what happens in our life. And I want to have notes on it ... so ... here it goes. On Christmas morning, after we opened all our presents at home, we went to my parents house for more presents and a light lunch.


Every year my mom gives the girls a porcelain doll. This is something she did with me too, so I have about 20 porcelain dolls from when I was growing up. This year the girls got cute little baby dolls. We put them on shelves in their rooms - these are not dolls they play with. : )


One of their favorite gifts this year is Kappla blocks. We discovered these several years ago at a museum in Durham NC. They are kind of pricey, but they are about the best building blocks ever. My kids and my husband love them! When we first discovered them, my brother and Steve spent over an hour building a tower that was much taller than them. It was pretty cool. These blocks stay at grandma and grandpa's house and the kids play with them every time we go!
We always enjoy spending time with family and it was really fun to have my sister, Nyla and her husband Biff here from Texas. Before they left town after Christmas, they came over to our house to hang out for a bit. Alyssa got to show off her new pogo stick and her recently pierced ears!



No comments:
Post a Comment