Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jessica's Birthday!

Ok, so a little side note first. I've done it ... I've gone digital with my scrapbooking. This post will have a few of my first digital pages on it! I'm still figuring out all the features and getting used to the software, so they aren't officially done. I'm not going backwards on digital ... I will use my supplies for the rest of 2006, 2007 and 2008 that are still not scrabpooked, but going forward, I'm doing digital. I know ... I know ... I said I wouldn't give up my working by hand, but my friends were right! Its time. I'll have to find some other kind of craft to do with my hands when I get caught up so that when I want to get away from my computer and do something crafty, I can. Anyway, here are the first of my posts with scrapbook pages. I won't always post my pages, but if I've got them done I will.

Jessica turned 4 on February 7th. It was a Saturday so kind of a lazy day around our house although we were all awaken EARLY by the balloon singing Happy Birthday! We bought Jess this BIG Princess balloon that says "Today is your birthday." and then sings a little happy bday song. Not annoying at all after you've heard it about 25 times at 6am!! I actually got up and put all of the girls back in their rooms and told them to try to sleep. We had a big day ahead of us!
Later, Karianna stopped by to drop off a gift for her. Jess was so excited.
Karianna gave Jess a whale Webkinz. Jess loves it! That afternoon we went tubing up at Soldier Hollow. I had planned to let Jess open her presents from us when we got home ... but she was exhausted and it was late. She had fallen asleep in the car. I woke her up and asked if she wanted to open her presents and she said NO. She just wanted to go to bed. I was shocked but it was her choice. So, on Sunday after church, Jess opened her presents from us. She really didn't care what she got - didn't ask for anything, just wanted to be 4!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Way to go digital! You will love it.