Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Jazz Drummer

You probably all know Steve is a drummer in a band AND that we met when he was playing snare drum on the BYU Marching Band drumline. A couple months ago, Steve got asked by our friend Mike to play on a drumline for some of the Jazz (NBA) games. Its like a reunion for Steve - lots of guys he used to play with at BYU. For me, watching is a reminder of one of the things I love the most about Steve. Its his passion. When Steve does something, he goes all out. When he loves doing something it really shows and I'm not sure if there is anything he loves more than drumming on a drumline. He may not have the "chops" he had when we we first met and when we were first married ... but he's still got i! They play at about 2 games a month during the season. There are enough of them on the line that they don't all have to be there but I'm sure he will be at every game he can. Just an excuse to have fun drumming, and make a little money too. This picture is taken as they are waiting for the quarter break. He's standing next to the usher in the brown vest. And here's a video too. Its about 70 seconds. Just kidding ... it won't upload. I think its too big. Sorry!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Can you email me the video??