One morning not long after we got home from our trip, I was getting Tay ready for school. Jessica brought Tay's poster down (the one Tay made at the beginning of the school year - all about Taylor). I told Jess that Tay didn't need the poster and it could stay upstairs. Jessica looked up at me with these big sad eyes and pointed to the picture of our family. She said, "but mommy, I miss him. I miss my daddy." She then rubbed the picture as if somehow, touching the picture was going to let her touch her daddy. Steve had only been gone about 20 minutes but Jess had not seen him because she had slept in longer than normal. It was the cutest thing. I took this picture and then let her call him on the phone.
Jess really loves her daddy. She is always the first to run to him when he gets home and always gives him hugs when he leaves. She actually does a leg hug with him that always makes us both laugh. She runs up to him and hugs his leg as hard as she can and then just sits on his foot! The little things our kids do that make us smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment