Thursday, February 5, 2009

Today is one of those days.

Why is it, that on some days I just can't seem to have any patience at all? Today is one of those days. Why is it that I think "I really should be more patient with them" but I still scream ultimatums of "you'll be grounded if ..."? Today is one of those days. Why is it that I plan extra time to play with them and read stories but they don't do anything I ask and thus they run out of time? Today is one of those days. Why is it that sometimes, I just can't get it all done and measure up to be the mom I want to be? Today is one of those days.

On days like today, nights like this evening, I'm reminded of a quote from a talk given by James Faust. He was speaking to the women in our church.

Occasionally, however, you are too hard on yourselves. You think that if your offering is not quite perfect, it is not acceptable. I tell you, however, that if you have done your best, which you usually do, your humble offering, whatever it may be, will be acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.

Today is one of those days, that I have to remind myself not to be too hard on myself. To continue to strive to do better. BUT ... even though I don't quite measure up to what I want to be, even though I scream too much sometimes and I'm not as patient as I should be, even though I'm not quite the mom and person I want to be, even though my offering isn't quite perfect ... I AM doing my best, because I usually do exactly that, my very best. And because of that, my offering, even though it isn't perfect, is enough to be acceptable and pleasing to the Lord. And that helps me, do my best a little more often.

To all you other moms out there ... when you have "one of those days". Just remember, keep doing your best, because that is what you usually do. And that will be enough! And that will be pleasing to our Heavenly Father!

Thanks friends! I love you all for your example and friendship ... because today is one of those days!

6 comments:

Michele said...

You are human and the thing to remember is we ALL are. You do measure up! You are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Great post. You're an awesome mom. Never forget that. I Love you and am very proud of you.

Merfy said...

I feel the same at times and come to the same conclusion. That is why I like blogging so much. It puts my thought in order and I always come back to the same conclusion that I have a Father who loves me! Keep trying. You are great. Love you!

Pattie said...

Hmmm...seems like most days are a scream fest at my house, but my kids still remind me through their actions and words that I am a good mom. Whew....sometimes I worry that I will ruin them. Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING! We all have those days and it is ok! Guess that just means we are human! But as long as we try and do better that is all that counts! But trust me when I say you are AMAZING!! Really!!! :)

lvs2dance said...

oh Donna, I am right in the same boat next to you, paddeling upstream with only a broom for a paddle!