Thursday, February 25, 2010

An investment ...

Well, we did it yesterday!! Steve and I have talked for quite awhile about how it would really benefit my business to have yet ANOTHER printer to make things go faster in my office . We print addresses on somewhere between 5000 and 10,000 postcards a month (depending on extra projects I pick up) and it all goes through one little OLD printer that I have. I have two other printers, one is color and one is a high-speed double siding printer that does great for envelopes too. But, my little OLD printer handles all my postcards and it died last year. We looked at LOTS of different bigger, faster, more expensive printers and NONE of them could do what this little printer can do (they smeared, they jammed, they couldn't hold the thickness or the size of paper, yada yada yada ... ) So a few days later with no other options, we bought a refurbished printer EXACTLY like my old one to replace my old one. Its an HP but HP hasn't made them for years. When the new one arrived, the old one got stored downstairs in Steve's music room. This past week or so, Steve has done more research on a printer to replace mine - one that will hold more postcards at at ime or that will be faster. He found one for several THOUSAND dollars. That's just not an option for us (and its not even cost-effective if it was), but with all my new clients and some new options I'm working on putting into place, we wanted to do something.

So, we made the decision to invest in getting my old printer (the one that's been broken and sitting downstairs collecting dust) refurbished. I will have two little OLD printers exactly the same sitting in my office. :) Steve boxed it up and we mailed it off to the company yesterday and I am so excited!! This will basically cut in half the amount of time it takes Karianna and I to complete all the printing and in the long run, allow us to continue to accept new clients without delaying the postcards getting mailed. Hopefully in 2 weeks, it will be back, working like new again (unfortunately, I don't think it will be here in time for my "busy" week in early March, but it will be nice for April!) Yippee!!

No comments: