Friday, February 12, 2010

My drummer!

I love him, I love him, I do!! He amazes me, day in and day out in all that he does, and then he goes and drums and drums and drums! This weekend he has two gigs with two different bands. Tonight, he is drumming in Flash Point - his normal rock band. They are playing a gig in Spanish Fork at the Deerhunter. I didn't go with them ... too much to have a sitter for two nights.

So, I stayed home and scrapbooked these pages from some of his past gigs using a new collaboration kit called Dude. It will be available Monday at http://www.stufftoscrap.com/ The first two pages are using Scraps of Ellay's kit and pictures of Steve's band trying to find a good group shot of them for facebook and fliers about their gigs (these were actually taken last July at the Deerhunter where they are playing tonight).

The second two pages are using Kat's portion and are with even older pictures from Feb '09. I have looked for the "right" kit to use for these pictures and when I saw these, I LOVED them. They were exactly what I'd been looking for! :)
Tomorrow night, he is drumming with the Buzztones - where he is the subsitute drummer. Buzztones is a 20 piece jazz "big band". They have trumpets and the works to be able to play Glen Miller and some of the other amazing jazz music! I'm super excited about that ... but you probably already know that. They are playing at a Haiti Benefit Valentine's Ball! Its a formal event so I have an excuse to borrow a dress and get all dressed up! I can't wait. I'll take pictures and post them on Sunday or Monday!!

No comments: