Sunday, October 5, 2008

From my friend, "Isn't it crazy?"

This is copied from my friend, Jennifer Milne Bickmore. She is a friend from when I lived in California. We never kept in touch when I left, but have become good friends again now with the age of technology (facebook and blogs). Thanks Jennifer! This is so true, I loved it and wanted to remind myself and others the same thing. I was actually talking to a friend on Friday about how some recent happenings in my life have helped me even though it has been confusing. I think I called it "my battle with me" but its my issues and how I view me.

From Jennifer: HOW WE SEE OUR SELVES IS DIFFERENT THAN HOW OTHERS SEE US? Think about that! Time and time again people say the nicest things to me and I sit there and think are you crazy? Because I don't see that at all!!! Or think anything near that about my self! I have thought a lot about that over and over. Especially lately for some reason. And I think ALL my friends near or far are AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, ETC ETC !!

But I know that we all don't usually think the same about our selves! Why is that? For this week I think we all need to give our selves props and look at who we really are and that what others see in us is truly who we are. I think we put our selves down far to often. I know I do all the time. So I challenge you this week to take a look at how amazing, beautiful, talented, awesome, SPECIAL you ALL are!

They may be Jennifer's words, but they are my thoughts too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked this!!! I just feel so many of us need this! :)
I am so glad once again we have found each other!! We will for sure call you when we go there whenever that is! And you better call us if down here!!!!

Beverly B. said...

Thank you. I'll try to do better. You are such a strength to me. I think you are amazing, beautiful and talented. I'm so happy that we reconnected.

lvs2dance said...

great advice! How are you all doing? We have learned a few games that you two might enjoy...are you up for it?