Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tay's blanket!

So anyone who has been around Taylor or our house much knows that Taylor loves a routine. She loves having things a specific way. It doesn't always have to be the same, but she can really melt down if things are too out of order and/or not the way she is comfortable. She is very obsessive when it comes to that. And if you really know Tay, you know she LOVES her blanket! This is a blanket my mom made when Tay was a baby. For a VERY long time she wouldn't even let anything else touch her at night - not a sheet, not another blanket, not even over top of her blanket. In fact, she made sure nothing even touched her blanket.

This is a picture of Tay when she was about 1 1/2 yrs old with her purple blanket.

And another one of her in her carseat - we never went ANYWHERE without her blanket.

Last fall, I started getting worried about it - about her habit and about the blanket. Pieces started tearing off. So, for Christmas, my mom made her a quilt for her bed and we bought new bedding for her room, with hopes to help break the pattern. I am proud to say, it has finally worked. She still sleeps with it some nights, but most nights she doesn't even mention it. She does have a small purse that she keeps the pieces of her blanket in though! I'm going to snag a few of them to put in her scrapbook. And I snapped these pictures this week so I can always remember how much she loved her blanket even when it was missing pieces! Yes, those are holes in it where the couch is showing through it and yes, that is the batting showing on so many other squares of it too.



Its very well used! And very well loved!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable... I'm glad the new linens worked.. Abinadi's niece has a "blanket" that she's had since birth and it now resembles a piece of lint... no exaggeration... it's gross, but she still loves it. Logan had a "froggie" (it's a blanket) and she loves it, but it's ok if it's no where to be found sometimes... still.. I worry about the future of froggie. :)

lvs2dance said...

That must make your mom so happy to know that she made something that Tae loved soooo much! So sweet! I still have blankets like that, in fact when I had Ana I HAD to take my favorite blanket with me and it looked similar to Taylor's...you should have seen the looks the nurses would give me! I had forgotton about that until I just read this.
Thanks again for coming over tonight! It was fun (like usuall) to get together!