Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My girls love to sing

This weekend, I was folding laundry in my bedroom and from upstairs I hear two little voices singing. It was Jess and Tay. They were just belting out different songs. As I stopped to listen the one they were singing is a children's song from church (primary). I didn't even know they knew the song, especially Jessica since she is still too little. The song isn't the common songs that we sing around the house or even at church. Its about baptism. The first verse goes:

Jesus came to John the Baptist, in Judea long ago
And was baptized by immersion in the River Jordan's flow.

It was so sweet to hear these little voices singing about Jesus Christ being baptized. Jess would stumble a bit over a word (hello - Judea and immersion aren't easy for a 3year old) and Tay would say, no ... stop, stop start again. Then they'd stop and giggle and start again. But I also realized Jess knew the words and as teasing Taylor because she'd take them out of order and laugh. This went on for about 2 or 3 minutes. Eventually they switched to other songs and went on with their playing, but I thought it was just cute. I wish I had been quicker to grab the video camera to record them.

Really though, all 3 of our girls love to sing and I often find any one of them (by themselves of with their sisters) singing a song. Sometimes they are made up - especially Alyssa - but usually they are pretty close to accurate. I hear lots of humming and other noises too. Today Taylor showed me that she can play the ABCs on the harmonica "without saying the letters". She was so proud of herself. This is of course, after she chased Jessica around the entire house trying to get the harmonica because Jessica was playing her own little song. Then they decided to share - with mom's strong warning of "Otherwise I'm taking it away!" I love that they love music. I love that they are so happy.

4 comments:

Michele said...

There is nothing sweeter than a happy child. All our lives are blessed by the little children.(Enjoy it now, soon enough they will teenagers! JK-kinda)

lvs2dance said...

So true! The sound of little ones singing is the best!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I love hearing kids sing with a spirit! Especially kids as cute as yours...

Dani

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love that! :)