I went to my 1 year check-up today. Its been a year since I had my Lasik surgery correcting my vision! Wahoo! Goodbye to glasses and contacts and squinting to see! The results ... no halos, no night-vision problems, 20/20 in my left eye, 20/20 in my right eye and 20/15 when they are both open! My right eye has a .50 lense ... meaning I'm a little nearsighted in that eye which is actually GREAT because as I get older it is less likely that I will need reading glasses. :) And its AMAZING compared to the 5.5 that I was! The doctor said that basically it is a perfect success. If you have EVER considered Lasik, GO FOR IT! I LOVE IT! I love that I can watch movies late at night and not have to put on my glasses when I take out my contacts that were getting too dry. I love that when I get up in the middle of the night with one of the kids, I don't have to grab my glasses just to see to get up the stairs. I love it that I can go outside in cold and hot without my annoying glasses fogging up. I love that I don't have contacts so if something gets in my eye it isn't half as annoying! I love that when my alarm goes off in the morning, I don't have to pull myself half way off the bed and squint just to see the numbers on my clock that is 6 inches from my face! I LOVE IT!! Did I mention I LOVE IT??? My favorite thing today at my appointment was when he showed me what my vision was like before ... he put up the 15/20 row for me to read - 5 tiny letters across the bottom of the screen. Then he put up the letter that I couldn't read before - a GIANT BOLD BLACK E - probably the size of a full sheet of paper about 6 feet away from me ... and 1 year ago, I couldn't even tell what it was. :) Now, I don't know how I could miss it! I think the 20/15 letters that I could read could all fit on the bottom line of the E and even then not fill it!!
But I can't end this blog post without mentioning one more thing!! The fact that my Lasik was the greatest Mother's Day gift my husband could have ever given me!! I was so scared to do it. And I would NEVER have justified the expense of it. So, for Mother's Day, he surprised me. He called the office, got it all arranged, financing and everything figured out. Then he gave me the number to call to schedule my consultation. I went in and a few days later, I had perfect vision. How blessed am I to have such an amazing husband AND to live in a time of such awesome technology that they can cut my eye and fix my vision - restore it to perfect, something I hadn't had for close to 16 years! Thank you Steve and Hoopes Vision Center! If anyone here in Utah is considering it ... go to Hoopes. I totally recommend them 100%!! They can do a lot of things now that previous lasers wouldn't allow - including some astigmatisms.
Happy Seeing to you all!
5 comments:
oh good for you...i'm scared to do it lol.
Do not fear it!! I was scared to death, but it really wasn't that bad ... much easier than having a kid - (and I mean the actual birth and even raising one!). :) I could see well enough that night to watch tv from across the room!! It is SOOOO worth it to have my life back and not be strapped to contacts and glasses!
That is AWESOME!! I want to get that done sooo soo bad!!! A little scared but totally will do it as soon as we can afford to! :)
I am oh so jealous! That is an awesome gift....maybe someday Chris will do the same for me. sigh, until then i will be in the land of blindness!
I didn't even know you had lasik done. Nyla
Post a Comment