Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Another meeting with UDK
Naomi from Utah Disaster Kleenup came back again today. The dryall is all dry now so the fans went off about 11am. However, the hardwood floor is still a little buckled in the kitchen (just an area about 8 inches by the width of the hallway). She said she could bid to refinish it (imagine refinishing ALL of my wood - entire kitchen, hallway and entryway to my house - literally, we'd have to move out. Since every room on the main floor, including both sets of stairs touches the wood and nothing else you would not be able to walk ANYWHERE). Or she said they could wait a couple weeks and see what happens. Or they could bring in another noisy device called extractor mats (if I remember right) to extract the last of the water and hopefully allow the wood to dry flat again. Its not AS bad as the fans that made you feel like you were standing on a runway near a plane but its definitely noisy enough I hate being in the kitchen or living room (since I hate cooking, the noise does NOT help dinner get ready). We'll run that until Thursday when she will come back to check it AGAIN. She's going to move ahead on scheduling the carpet padding and insulation being replaced. Then we'll have drywall patching and painting. I hope it doesn't take forever. I'm ready for my house to be put back together and to be QUIET again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment