I dashed back into the recital, just in time to help deal with a meltdown on Alyssa's part because she had panicked about her shoes and decided she wasn't going to get to be in the recital. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a meltdown which didn't help, but eventually I got her changed and ready just in time and Steve arrived just before it all started! Alyssa danced beautifully! She was in the company opening number, performed her three competition routines plus the ballet routine. Whew ... what a night! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Henderson and Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey and Karianna for coming to support Alyssa! It turned out great!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Night #1 of Dance Recitals
Alyssa and Taylor both take dance ... from the same place, BUT Alyssa was on the company team and Taylor was not, so they had their recitals on two different nights. Alyssa's was on Friday night. We had a rather rough afternoon ... we dashed to Layton to pick up Steve's car following the new engine ... We had gone up earlier that week, but when we took it for a test drive, the clutch was slipping. So, we left it and returned home. Friday afternoon, we attempted again. The owner had assured us he had test driven it and it was great. So, with Steve feeling confident, I jumped in the driver's seat of the van and headed home to meet my girls who were at dress rehearsal with a friend - thanks Angie!! About the time I reached 45th South in SLC, I got a call from Steve ... who had stopped in Bountiful with the clutch STILL slipping. He was very angry and frustrated, but I was in a bind ... I had to get to their recitals, traffic was thick because it was Friday evening at 5pm and yet Steve was now stranded in Bountiful. I was also scrambling to find Alyssa black jazz shoes for her opening number and ballet shoes that fit (she had outgrown hers and because she didn't have a competition ballet dance, I hadn't bought new ones ... but they were mandatory for the performance). Thank goodness for Nicole whose daughter also takes dance, but at a different location. Thanks Nicole! So, I dashed home, grabbed the shoes she had dropped off at my house, some dinner for the car and headed to the recital. As I arrived, I noticed Steve's wallet in the van - he had left it by accident. I realized he was not only stuck in Bountiful with no car, but he was stuck with no money or cards of any kind so he couldn't take the train/bus either. I was really concerned now! Steve tends to get a little anxious, so I was worried about him. He was so frustrated that he couldn't even talk to me when we first talked, so I felt stuck. I dropped Jessica and Taylor (who I had picked up from Angie when I was home) with my parents and headed back to pick up Steve. As I was headed out though, I called him and he said he was almost home - the two truck had arrived to pick up his car (the owner of the shop was driving the tow truck) an d he had driven him all the way home (with Steve's car on the back of the truck). They had been able to use the carpool lane so had made good time. Steve grabbed the keys to my parents' car (which we had been borrowing while his car was in the shop) and met us at the recital.
I dashed back into the recital, just in time to help deal with a meltdown on Alyssa's part because she had panicked about her shoes and decided she wasn't going to get to be in the recital. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a meltdown which didn't help, but eventually I got her changed and ready just in time and Steve arrived just before it all started! Alyssa danced beautifully! She was in the company opening number, performed her three competition routines plus the ballet routine. Whew ... what a night! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Henderson and Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey and Karianna for coming to support Alyssa! It turned out great!

I dashed back into the recital, just in time to help deal with a meltdown on Alyssa's part because she had panicked about her shoes and decided she wasn't going to get to be in the recital. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a meltdown which didn't help, but eventually I got her changed and ready just in time and Steve arrived just before it all started! Alyssa danced beautifully! She was in the company opening number, performed her three competition routines plus the ballet routine. Whew ... what a night! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Henderson and Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey and Karianna for coming to support Alyssa! It turned out great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment