Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I was getting so close to catching up on my blog ... but BUSY, BUSY, BUSY hit again.

It is year end for Mary Kay at the end of June so a lot of my clients are working extra hard to finish up their goals and contests. I usually offer some extra mailers to help them. This year, I'm just doing one because I just didn't get organized to do others. When I offer these mailers, I typically do 100-300 of them total. This one, I've already done almost 500 and I've still got 4 more clients to do them for. My printers ran for hours yesterday printing the flyers and envelopes and then I stuffed them all, sealed them and now my girls are slowly putting stamps on them. They love to help and I love that it gives them a chance to earn some extra money. I hope they are learning a little work ethic in it, but I think they just have fun doing it and like to help!

Year end for me also means time to create all new mailers for my clients for the next year, change prices (if necessary - which it is this year due to several of my costs going up), send samples to all my clients and announce anything new I'm offering. I've got a lot of work to do to make it happen, but I think I'm going to add an option to mail in Spanish! I also need to work on offering extra mailers quarterly. A lot of clients want them and are starting to use other companies for it. That's the last thing I want, so I've got to get on top of it. Its going to be a busy next couple of weeks to get it all done! I always see a lot of my clients evaluating the work that I do for them - some add more for me to do, others pull back or quit. Traditionally, I also add quite a few new clients this time of year too, so here's hoping the economy doesn't hurt that too much.

On another front ... GREAT NEWS!! The carpet padding has been replaced downstairs so we're one step closer to putting that area back together! Now we just have to wait on the drywall to be fixed and the insulation to be put back in... hopefully soon!!

1 comment:

Merfy said...

I am with you! Life keeps happening and I keep taking pictures of it! Keep at it. I love to find out what has been going on!