Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Job Update ... Ladies' Night Out

The old phrase, "No news is good news" ... SIGH ... oh, don't we wish that was the case! Still no news and that is NOT good for us. The board/CEO at the company where Steve works has not been able to meet with the potential investor again since they agreed to change the terms. The potential investor has been extremely busy and they haven't had a chance to talk. Its tiresome, stressful, frustrating, aggravating, depressing, infuriating, .... We are into week 3 now since we found out the investor pulled the plug again. Steve has really started applying for other jobs but is still going to work most of the day to see if he can help in anyway with getting funding. He does technical presentations to potential investors most days, but most of them are only interested in licensing and/or using the technology once it is done. HELLO ... do you people not get it? It won't EVER be done if they don't get some funding now. Sorry, had to vent! He's worn out though and so am I. Really!? How do people go months on end without a job? Just have to keep relying on faith I guess.

On the brighter side, I'm planning a ladies' night out ... because I NEED ONE!! Whose with me? Meet at my house on October 17th at 5pm to carpool.

We're going to Gardner Village for the "Witches' Night Out!" Haven't decided on where to eat yet, but wear your best witch's costume or at least hat and we'll have a relaxing night, just browsing the shops and seeing all the witches. RSVP by email or post on my blog so I know who to expect. ANYONE is welcome! Hope to see lots of you!

Here is what their website says about the night out: "Witches love any excuse to have fun and throw a party. Ladies...join your fellow sister witches for this evening out. An event just for ladies 18 years and older! Plan now to wear your most elaborate witch’s hat or costume, Gardner Village will be filled with enchanting witches from 6 pm to 10 pm both nights. Enter the drawing for fun prizes at 7 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm nightly. Also enjoy an emcee, dancing, music, food booths and more. Stop to have your fortune told, enjoy spellbinding activities in our shops, and join the Witches Parade at 8 pm nightly. Leave the children with the sitter and grab your witchy friends for this spellbinding ladies night out. "

3 comments:

Pattie said...

I got a sitter so I'm in for Ladies Night Out. Hopefully all your friends can stand me (HAHAHA).

Michelle said...

I am going to try to come. My mom will be in town so hopefully I can come - but I will have to see how all the kids are. So, count me in - sort of.

iamwonderwoman said...

Sounds like fun, I wish I could be there!!!