Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Mom's Birthday!

My mom's birthday was this week so we cooked dinner for her last Sunday. We all ate at her house, but LaNae and I did the work. :) My dad bought my mom a new painting for her wall, one that she had been looking at. I called my mom upstairs becuase I "couldn't" find the whip cream in her fridge. While she was up there, we delayed her long enough for my dad to hang the painting - straight in front of the stairs. She went back down and we all watched for a reaction ... she just wondered why we were all looking at her. She didn't notice it. So, I called her back upstairs again a few minutes later ... "couldn't" find the pie serving utensil. Again, she came down the stairs with the painting straight ahead of her and didn't notice. She couldn't figure out why we were all laughing and watching her. Finally Alyssa clued her in. She was very excited. We don't get to surprise my mom very often, so it was neat to see her so happy. Good job Dad!!
We love you Mom/Grandma!

I'll probably change this page ... - at least the background of it because I used it for my bday back in August and I can't have it repeating ... :) But for now its what I've done.

No comments: