Monday, October 26, 2009

Playing in the leaves

When I was little, we didn't have fall where I lived, so I only remember playing in the leaves ONCE in my whole life. Maybe that is why I love it so much when my girls do it now ... it brings back memories of that one trip. My one memory of playing in the leaves is in Ohio. We were there visiting my grandparents and we had gone to my Great Aunt Mary and Uncle Gale's house out in the country. They have LOTS of big trees that dropped their leaves. I remember the pile being HUGE ... it may not have been since I was little. :) I remember we played in those leaves and then left them a mess in the yard. My Uncle Gale wasn't really happy about that part, but I loved playing in the leaves. That same trip I remember playing hide and seek in my Great Aunt Betty's cornfields. :) Some fun memories! But ... this post is about my girls playing in the leaves last Saturday.

The Kleinsmiths are our neighbors and they have lots of trees in their side yard (between our house and theirs). While I was working in the yard, Taylor decided she wanted to rake the leaves so she could play in them. I said that was fine as long as she cleaned up when she was done. So, she started. Soon, Jessica joined her and they had quite a pile going. Then Alyssa wanted in on the fun. They covered themselves, they threw leaves, they ran and jumped ... and they even raked them back into a pile for me to bag when they were done! Fun times in the fall!




I hope my girls have fun memories playing with their sisters in the leaves. They were crazy and it sure provided some fun picture opportunities. I think I got some great pics ... if I do say so myself. I love the ones with the leaves falling on them - especially the one of Alyssa bursting out of the pile and the one of her jumping into the pile. Those are probably two of my favorites. But I like all of the ones I used on these 4 pages! I took just over 100 pictures, so I was proud of me for narrowing it down to these 35 pictures! :)

No comments: